All Entries due by Wednesday, October 20th
WHAT IS REFLECTIONS?
The Reflections Art Competition is a National PTA program that starts at the school level. Each year students are invited to create original works of art around a theme. Pieces are evaluated by local artists and art educators. Top scoring works advance to the district level with the opportunity to advance to the state and even national level of the competition.
2021-2022 THEME & ART CATEGORIES
The theme for 2021-2022 is "I Will Change the World By...".
All students are invited to submit work on this theme in the art categories of Visual Arts, Photography, Literature, Music, Dance and Film. All entries are due October 20th. All participants will be recognized in a virtual celebration. Save the date for this year’s Reflections Celebration at the Riverview District Office on January 7, 2022
Watch this video from National PTA Reflections for inspiration!
How to Enter?
Students can submit entries in any or all of these categories--one entry per category, please!
- Literature – works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories and lyrics. 2000 words or less, handwritten or typed.
- Music Composition – original musical composition, with or without words. Must not exceed 5 minutes in length and 1,000 MB (1,000 megabyte) in file size. Composer does not need to be performer. Multiple performers ok as long as composition is the original work of the student submitting.
- Photography: color or black and white, included techniques: photogram, negative sandwich, and multiple exposure. No smaller than 3x5 and no larger than 8X10 inches. Matting no larger than 11x14.
- Visual Arts: drawing, painting in tempera, oil, acrylic, watercolor & t-shirt paints, computer generated art, two-dimensional collage, printmaking, needlework & leather tooling. 24x30 inches, including matting.
- Film/Video: original works, with or without sound, of animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or music video/film. Must not exceed 5 minutes in length and 1,000 MB (1,000 megabyte) in file size. Mutliple performers ok but the film must be the original work of the student submitting. Screenwriting, directing, camera/filming and editing must be done by the student submitting. Use of tripod so student submitting can appear in film is ok.
- Choreography/Dance: originally choreographed dance composition. Must not exceed 5 minutes in length and 1,000 MB (1,000 megabyte) in file size. Choreographer does not need to be performer. Multiple performers ok as long as choreography is the original work of the student submitting.
- Special Artist: Students who identify as having a disability and may receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504 may enter in the Special Artist Division or grade division most closely aligned to their functional abilities. See Official Rules for details.
CHS Reflections: Sarah Harper email@example.com